Luxury Self Contained Cottage Breaks in The Cotswolds
Farmhouse Boltholes At Calcot
Available for a short yet “suite” amount of time from 12th April - 16th May...
Decamp to the Cotswolds for a real change of scenery
Your first foray out of lockdown and overnight escape of 2021 will include...
A Farmhouse Bolthole
Retreat to the calm of the countryside...
Enjoy a self-contained “bubble” of Cotswold farmhouse charm with it's own entrance, stylish, comfy bedroom with some featuring their own dining area/lounge for maximum home from home relaxation. Your bolthole will include a pantry stocked with delicious essentials to settle you in (plus some treats too of course). We’ll check with you before you arrive and ensure we get your favourites in for breakfast and any other special requests.
Experience Surf & Turf at The Barn...
The fire is lit, the grill is on, the pizza oven is stoked and the right kind of bubbles are on ice. Our alfresco dining “surf and turf at The Barn” will offer a selection of lunch and dinner menu choices from seafood and steak to lighter bites with tables tucked around the terrace and fire pit (weather proofed with heaters etc… just in case). We’ll also have afternoon tea available everyday.
Open and ready to welcome you...
Our beautiful spa is also able to reopen so you’ll be set to enjoy some well-deserved time making use of the indoor and outdoor gym and get some laps in at the indoor pool – it’ll be the perfect opportunity to book in for some peaceful and relaxing treatments too. Fingers crossed that this spring brings the sunshine... we’ll be ready with plenty of seating and relaxing areas dotted around the grounds dedicated for our “bolthole” guests to chill, read a book, enjoy a glass of wine or do absolutely nothing.
Out & About
Explore our grounds and The Cotswolds...
220 acres to roam, breathe and relish a change of space! Our trim trail is yours to explore. We have bikes to borrow and routes to recommend – our friends at Wild Carrot can take you out on guided e-bike tours if you’re feeling really active! There's also plenty to discover nearby including Westonbirt Arboretum and our sister properties Barnsley House and The Painswick which will be open for more fantastic alfresco dining and takeaways, both situated in great settings with gorgeous views of the Cotswold countryside.
- The hotel building itself won’t be open – we’re not allowed to open fully until 17th May we won't have a reception area so check in and out will be quick with no frills or fuss. There will be members of our lovely team around to help with anything you need during your time spent with us.
- If you’re a regular to Calcot you’ll know we are usually all about families and our little guests, however for this short amount of time with limited resource to let loose with the fun we’re only welcoming guests over 15 years old but we can’t wait to see all our little guests return from 17th May.
- Dining can be either alfresco at The Barn (we have heaters, blankets and canopies so it’ll be cosy when the weather isn’t playing ball) or old school delivery options to your room or private terrace - anything from a G&T to a lobster for two!
- You will have to pick those towels up off the bathroom floor as sadly we can't have a housekeeping team on hand to clean your suite everyday but we’ll make sure you have enough towels and all the essential bits - and you can always call and someone will drop off your request.
- Drinks and extra creature comforts -we’ll organise these before you arrive to help you settle in - it’s sort of like home-from-home (but we know you want a break from those four walls so we’ll make it extra special!)
- Our spa will be open with the exception of the steam and sauna, our inside spa lounge seating will not be in use following the Government guidelines, however there will be a limited amount of outside loungers available. We will continue to keep to social distancing requirements throughout and ensure the amount of guests are kept to a reasonable capacity.