Outdoor family activities at Calcot & Spa
Come out and play
Fresh air fun!
Welcome to Calcot & Spa… your very own Cotswold playground where you can enjoy muddy madness with wayward kids! We’ve lots of fun ways to burn up all that excess energy... you can play tennis, have go at disc golf, borrow some of our bikes or simply head off on foot. There’s plenty of room for outdoor mischief, so come and romp around in our 220-acre backyard... or beyond!
Along with the oodles of space to play on our lawns and enjoy classic games such as boules or croquet, we also have outdoor play areas including a pirate play ship, mini football field, toy car racing track and an outdoor play kitchen for the little ones to get creative with.
- 220 acres of lawns and meadowland to explore and play
- Lawn games, including boules and croquet
- Mini football field
- Pirate play ship
- Outdoor play kitchen
Over at Calcot & Spa we have plenty of bikes to borrow with safe cycling routes to explore as a family, from our very own Trim Trail to further afield. Just let the spa reception team know in advance when you'd like to venture out on two wheels so we can kit you out with bikes to suit.
- Complimentary bike hire
- Adult and children bikes with child seats, trailers and helmets
- Safe cycling trails to explore
Fancy a game of doubles? We have two tennis courts at Calcot Spa available to pre book and enjoy for a round or two of tennis. Let the spa reception know when you'd like to play and we'll have rackets and balls at the ready for you.
- Two full sized tennis courts
- Complimentary to book
- Tennis rackets and balls provided
Whether they're competent swimmers or just learning, your little ones will have a great time splashing around in our swimming pools. During the warm summer months our outdoor pool is open daily in addition to our indoor pool at Calcot Spa being open all year round for daily special swim sessions for children.
- Outdoor pool - open daily in summer from 11th June - 30th September, 8:00am - 8:00pm (weather dependent).
- Indoor pool - open daily all year round for children's swimming between 3:45pm - 5:15pm and also on weekend mornings between 8:45am - 10:15am.
Our very own disc golf course takes you around the Trim Trail and involves throwing discs at the various target baskets placed throughout - similar to the rules to golf, only with frisbee-like discs! Just ask spa reception for a map and discs to play.
- 9-hole beginner and 12-hole advanced disc golf course
- Map of course and discs provided
Fun further afield…
We're lucky to have Westonbirt National Aboretum just 10-minute from Calcot, with natural play areas, a Gruffalo spotters trail and treetop adventure, there's plenty to explore outdoors. With 15,000 specimens and 2,500 species of tree from all over the world, it's a stunningly beautiful place to see interesting and beautiful plants from the furthest corners of the globe.
Discover more via their website...